- Brewers sweep the Pirates!
- Fantasy Football draft is tomorrow night. I should probably figure that out.
I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
So far, everything has gone pretty well...no major issues with the move-in process. This means Jim gets to spend a lot of time in his office getting things done. :)
- The Badgers won today...against Akron. Seriously...they always have such a cream puff non-conference schedule. But, their Big Ten schedule is rough. They can probably use all the victories they can get!
- The Brewers won! They are 22 games over .500. That is crazy. ESPN.com lists them as having an 89% chance of making the playoffs. Yes, these are the Brewers we are talking about.
- ESPN does not seem to have all that much faith in the Bucks. They have them set to place 12th in the East and finish under .500.
Friday, August 29, 2008
The hall leaders have moved in and are busily decorating the lobby for move-in. The staff have their floors ready to check in about 180 students in three days. I have done what I can to have everything ready for the residents of Webster Hall.
I have mixed emotions about the end. In some ways, I am thankful that I will not have to complete again some of the arduous components of training. But, I will miss the bonding time with staff and hall leaders and many memories.
Let's begin another year...
Sunday, August 24, 2008
The US basketball team struck gold. Definitely a "redeem team."
Biden? Really?!? McCain needs to take this opportunity to pounce. Too much ammunition. Let's start here.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
A week from today the residence halls will be opening up for the early move-ins that help with our two larger move in days on Sunday and Monday. One more time...
Tomorrow, my staff and I leave for Camp Onaway. It is an overnight retreat where staffs really get to bond. Camp Onaway is also a beautiful and scenic environment where one can truly relax and by at peace. I have enjoyed the many opportunities to be at camp and will not realize until I leave the island how rejuvenating it can be for me.
Friday, August 15, 2008
- Working...a lot. I suppose I deserve it for missing the first week of training. I have to finish getting things ready for the Webster CAs as well as work ahead toward opening. It's not insurmountable, but it will make for a busy Saturday and Sunday.
- Hopefully, if we get out work done, Christa and I will be seeing the new Star Wars animated movie. It looks good, but we'll see if it turns out to be good. It couldn't be any worse than their attempts at live action movies ;).
- While I'm working on Saturday morning, I'd like to catch some of the USA/Spain game as part of the Olympics. We'll see if the Redeem Team can keep up their winning ways.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I want to make it clear that for the rest of August, you may not hear from me all that much. It starts to get really crazy for me until we open the building on Labor Day. Wish me luck!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
My dad had talked a little bit about this photograph, and after sending it to me, I am truly amazed.
This is a still photo of the play in the NFC Championship where Favre threw his final pass as a Packer...an interception.
Favre threw the pass to receiver farthest to the left...where the coverage was quite tight.
If you look at the other receivers, they have the defense beat and could easily catch a Favre pass. For a QB with so much poise and experience, it really seems like he forced this one. Just interesting...
- I had my first day of RHD training. It was a little overwhelming when you've been gone for the first week. But, it's all gonna get done one way or another.
- Tonight is my first softball game in about three weeks. It will be interesting to see how that goes.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
I have gotten a few good nights rest and am beginning to feel more in the flow of things. The last few days have been quiet. I am sure things will pick up soon.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Think about it:
- Brett Favre retired....emotionally. The Packers acknowledged the retirement, thanked him for his service and moved on.
- They put Rogers in the driver's seat and encouraged him to get to know his teammates. He did so and has been considered the started for four months.
- We drafted Rogers for this eventuality and moved on.
It was Favre that decided to "un-retire." Is Favre the better quarterback? Possibly. But, the Packers are a young team and they need to develop this team with a young quarterback that can grow with them. In a few years, this team could be really good.
As for Favre, he did have a good year. But he also majorly benefited from a great running game and some great receivers. He also had a few stinkers during the season, especially in the cold. Let's not forget the interception to lose the NFC Championship game. Whow throws a pass like that?
I have great memories of Brett. I hate to see him in another uniform. But the Packers moved on and I support their move. We'll see how things turn out for the Packers and the Jets.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Things are going well here in Dubuque. I am down to just two assignments left to complete. I need to write a sermon manuscript and an order of worship for a church service. For the most part, these are fun activities, but I am pretty burned out. After a full day of classes, it is hard to get motivated to keep reading and writing papers.
I have kept up my running and got a new pair of shoes while I was home. Mine are orange, not pink. They are working out great!
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Otherwise, all is well...a relaxing Sunday of rest.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Anyway, all is well in Dubuque. I am close to being done with one week. It has been wonderful! I am almost done with three classes and we have four next week.