I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Thoughts From the Weekend

Some thoughts from the weekend:
  • Wow...the Packers suck. I know that the local media and others are saying that this team is improving, but it has been painful to watch. To think, only a few weeks ago we were talking about this team making a possible run at the playoffs. Nothing that two brutal losses can't cure.
  • I bought Dance Dance Revolution. I can't necessarily beg one solid reason for it. I think it had merit as a form of exercise, but I also just find the game fun to play. Between that and Guitar Hero 1/2, I have quite a gaming collection.
  • Christa and I took a trip to Green Bay so that she could pick up a book she needed for class. Am I a great fiance or what?
  • I got a lot of work done regarding the church. I got a letter out to all members of church letting them know abotu our new pastor. I finished up my responsibilities as a member of the Worship Commission. I followed up with our new pastor to make sure things are going OK.
  • This coming Sunday Christa will officially become a member of FUMC Oshkosh.
  • I also made a public announcement to the congregation at FUMC Oshkosh that I am pursuing candidacy in Methodist church. Where this specifically leads I don't know, but it is a big step. The congregation has offerred nothing but support. I am very excited!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pursuing candidacy in the Methodist church?

What exactly does that mean?

I guess I'm a little out of the loop in the world of church.