I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Fletcher RHD Update

Whew...

...I am in a strange state of mind right now. Here it is, a Sunday night, and I actually feeled somehow compelled to go into the office and get work done. What's worse, it actually sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how to feel about that :). At this point, I have done two weeks of the Fletcher/Breese RHD combination, and it has its high points and low points. Here are the highlights:

High Points:
  • More oppotunities to work with CA and PA staff on an individual level. I appreciate the chances that I have to talk to and work with staff members in both Fletcher and Breese.
  • As someone who does indeed like paperwork, I will never run out.
  • It keeps me busy, and that makes the time go by faster.
  • I have the opportunity to work with and supervise an ARHD for a few months, so I can see how I feel about that (btw, I have a phenominal ARHD which makes that very cool).
Low Points:
  • Everything I do, I do twice. This can make occupancy and conduct a little overwhelming.
  • I have to maintain office hours in two halls, which makes it difficult for people to know where to find me.
  • It can sometimes be difficult to develope an identity in either hall. I have explained to staff members in both buildings that I sometimes feel more like an administrator than an RHD, but it's all good.
So, there ya go. As my hall leaders would say, I am "two-fisting". *sigh* Nice. :)

0 comments: