I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Fan

So...maybe Mike Chastain is correct. Maybe this is a sign that I am getting old. With great excitement, I told my CA/PA staff that I had a new ceiling fan/light installed in my room. With a similar amount of excitement, I also told my hall leaders.

Allow me to explain why this is an exciting moment in my life:
  1. This is the first major alteration to my apartment that has been made in the four years that I have lived there.
  2. It generates air flow in my bedroom without needing to use the air conditioning.
  3. It looks and works so much better than the old light in there. The old light was a pain to take apart to change bulbs, it always burned out bulbs quickly and it blew a fuse twice.
Needless to say, out with the old, in with the new...even if it makes me old :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love my ceiling fans... I have two - one in my bedroom and one in my living room... FANTASTIC!!

Beck :)

Hal and Anna said...

I'm so-so about the fan, but if the light quality has improved, I can share your excitement about being able to have a brighter room.

stephiepointer said...

Very nice - did housing pay for it or did you have to? I am still waiting for window blinds that I requested when I first moved into my apt in August 2004....hmmm....

Jim Droste said...

Yes, housing covered the cost of the lamp. At it does make the room brighter...it is more the poor quality of my cell phone camera that does not do the fixture justice.