I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Relationships


Christa and I have been dating for over two years now and we will be getting married on June 16, 2007. I cannot wait until that day because I will confirm that I want to spend the rest of my life with Christa. It will be wonderful.

I think back to all of the relationships I was in before I started dating Christa. I started "dating" when I was a sophomore in high school (age 16). That's 13 years of dating. I will spare you a lot of details, but I can give you some trends. This is what I can tell you:
  • One relationship became so twisted that it warped a close friendship so much we are still trying to piece it back together.
  • Too many relationships ended with tears and friendships that were thought would happen and never materialize.
  • There was a lot of rejection.
  • A lot of time spent wondering how someone felt or wondering if someone "liked" you.
  • There were stalking ex-girlfriends.
  • There were girlfriends cheating on me.
Fun, huh? I don't have to play the game any more. Yes, there was a time when "the thrill of the chase" was very exciting. However, you know you've found someone good when the thrill of the chase no longer gnaws at you. I am happy and ready to retire from the relationship game.

0 comments: