I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Adjusting

Christa and I moved into our house in Oakfield on Monday evening. In three days, there have been a few things that I am already adjusting to:
  1. Not having internet and cable in the house is tough! You don't realize how much to rely on it until it is no there...well, that's not entirely true. I already knew how much I rely on it. If anything, television was something I was used to having on in the background. Social networking has become such a part of my life that when you don't have constant access to it, you feel quite disconnected. I also get most of my news through the internet, so that has also been an adjustment. This will change on July 8...we are getting connected :).
  2. For the better, Christa and I are tempted less when it comes to things that are bad for us. We don't eat out much or eat as much junk food. You can't really because there isn't a great deal of commerce in the city. It means that we really have to plan our trip as most things are 15-20 minutes away from the house.
  3. It is really quiet in Oakfield. As such, I feel as though I have more time for reading and it is easier to concentrate. That also might have something to do with the lack of internet and cable ;).
That's all for now. Hopefully I can post more regularly.

0 comments: