I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Quote

I have only the first few pages of a book entitled Blue Like Jazz and already I am intrigued. In the author's note he writes:

"I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes.
After that I Liked jazz music.
Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way.
I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But was before any of this happened."

Other Book News
For those that might be curious, I am actually on book 11 of 12 in the Left Behind series. Sadly, much of the energy that I sensed in the first six or seven books has went away. The plot seems more choppy and drawn out in these books. I am currently reading Armageddon so things should definitely be exciting. I'll keep you posted. My stack of reading gets larger!

Brewer News
The Brewers managed to snag a victory (4-2) in a 13-inning marathon where the Brewers left the bases loaded twice and got no runs to show for it. But, a win is a win. With the Cubs surging, they really need to string some wins together.

1 comments:

Hal and Anna said...

I've read Blue Like Jazz. I'll have to go through and see what notes I made about the book and hear your thoughts when you are completed. Oh, and my synod paid half of the psycological exam for ministry preparation, so I only had to pay $250. The spoils of being a Lutheran...