I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Red Tape and Bureaucracy

Ok...as I have discovered today, so many frustrations in life come because of red tape and bureacracy. When you are lower on the totem pole, you look up sometimes and wonder why things work the way they do and you say, "Boy, if I ever made it to that level things would sure change."

I wonder if it ever really does change, or when we get up there our mindset changes and we adopt the same red tape and bureaucracy. Huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic, Jim. I have also pondered how procedures and "red tape" are formed. From my perspective, it just seems like complicating, unnecessary factors. I hope that I will have my chance to enact change, but I wonder how many people have planned to do so. What changes when a person reaches a certain level of leadership? Do efficiency and common sense take a backseat to bureaucracy and politics? If so, why?

Much to think about for a Friday morning... :)

Jes

Anonymous said...

... money has a lot to do with how people act these days. Humanity has gone soft and gotten extremely lazy in its young life. Since we tend to create comfort and 'efficiency' for ourselves, we lose sight of really working for what we earn in our life times. Not everyone is like this, however. There are still some very decent people out there in the world who work very hard but do tend to be the ones looking up instead of down.