I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camp Onaway

The first week of my final Residence Life Staff Training is over. In all honesty, it is a mixed bag of emotions. I can safely say there are certain sessions that I will be happy that I don't have to attend. But, there are also some yearly rituals that I will miss as well. It will be tough around this time next year when I will anticipate them and they will not be there.

A week from today the residence halls will be opening up for the early move-ins that help with our two larger move in days on Sunday and Monday. One more time...

Tomorrow, my staff and I leave for Camp Onaway. It is an overnight retreat where staffs really get to bond. Camp Onaway is also a beautiful and scenic environment where one can truly relax and by at peace. I have enjoyed the many opportunities to be at camp and will not realize until I leave the island how rejuvenating it can be for me.

0 comments: