I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Traded

I was in class when it all went down, but it didn't take me long to find out the Brett Favre has been traded to the New York Jets. I can't say that I'm not surprised and I am definitely sad that Brett wasn't able to finish his career in Green Bay. However, I think this is best for the team.

Think about it:
  1. Brett Favre retired....emotionally. The Packers acknowledged the retirement, thanked him for his service and moved on.
  2. They put Rogers in the driver's seat and encouraged him to get to know his teammates. He did so and has been considered the started for four months.
  3. We drafted Rogers for this eventuality and moved on.

It was Favre that decided to "un-retire." Is Favre the better quarterback? Possibly. But, the Packers are a young team and they need to develop this team with a young quarterback that can grow with them. In a few years, this team could be really good.

As for Favre, he did have a good year. But he also majorly benefited from a great running game and some great receivers. He also had a few stinkers during the season, especially in the cold. Let's not forget the interception to lose the NFC Championship game. Whow throws a pass like that?

I have great memories of Brett. I hate to see him in another uniform. But the Packers moved on and I support their move. We'll see how things turn out for the Packers and the Jets.

0 comments: