I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Ride Comes to an End

It's been said all along that the Packers were doing way better than anyone expected. It doesn't make their 23-20 loss to the Giants any easier to take, but it does make me realize that we got a lot more out of this season than I ever would have thought.

What makes this loss most difficult is that there were visible problems in the game that could have been corrected. The screen was not working...stop running it. Don't abandon the running game...if Grant isn't doing well, put someone else in the game. Al Harris is getting beat every down, give me some help. Double Plaxico, go into zone. Do something!

Favre did look off on Sunday. His passes were not on target and he did fall into his old habit of forcing throws. It wasn't until the end that this practice cost us the game.

The game was a toll on my emotions. I went through intense periods of happiness and sadness. The Giants gave us opportunities to stick around, but the Packers fell short. I'm not sure if I'll watch the Superbowl this year. It will be hear. Many folks, myself included, thought this would be an easy win for the Packers.

0 comments: