I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Week Thus Far...

It's been a few days since I posted and I'd like to let you know what has happened over the last few days.

Sunday
Christa and I traveled to New London and I did two worship services for the Methodist Church there. The services went very well! Christa and I also very much liked the church as well. The folks there were very friendly and it had a welcoming atmosphere. We enjoyed talking to folks during the fellowship hours and even participated in their bible study between services. I am hopeful that if the pastor there needs to take vacation in the future, they would be willing to have me back. We would love to return. We would consider returning, if but just to attend a service there.

Monday
I made the journey to New Brighton for my psychological assessment. It was pretty uneventful and I had a chance to visit the Mall of America again. I think I have been to that mall six times now. This was the first time I came there at night. It feels much smaller and more enclosed at night. I was able to watch the State of the Union address while at the hotel.

Tuesday
I took my assessment in the morning. The interview lasted three hours and 20 minutes. I came away from the meeting a little shaken up, because in three hours I really came to face some of my inadequacies and weaknesses. I am still trying to put it in prospective, but it was helpful. The drive back was horrendous and took an extra hour. There were several stretches on the highway that were nearly blackout conditions. I was thankful to make it home safely.

Now it's back to work and working out.

0 comments: