I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wow...

In preparation for my psychological assessment that will be happening next Tuesday, I had to take two assessments through a proctor. One of them was the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. It is 587 questions. Yep...it's a LOOOONG assessment. It consists entirely of true of false questions.

I had heard stories about this one. One person who took it awhile ago said one of the statements was, "I enjoy looking at my own feces." Going into it, I wasn't sure what to expect. Some favorites include:
  • I have an obsession with fire. (True...I do. I hope they don't think I'm crazy)
  • If I could sneak into a movie and I know I wouldn't get caught, I would do it. (False...that would be a red light).
  • There are voices in my head that tell me what to do.
  • There are people who are out to get me.
  • I enjoy gardening.
  • If I were to be a journalist, I would like to write sports stories.
Just imagine another 500 or so of those. Fun times.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would totally flunk that test. I think if they could call the police after completing the scoring on one those (or similar) assessments, I would be in jail right now.