I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Church Meeting

As you may have picked up from pervious posts, First United Methodist Church - Oshkosh is in something of a crisis. As the Staff/Parish Relations Committee Chair, it is part of my duties to help mediate conflicts between members of the congregation and staff. Well, there is a big conflict between our pastor and members of the congregation about a great many issues. The District Superintendent will be coming to our SPRC meeting tonight to help "resolve" these concerns.

This crisis has taken much of my time and has taxed me greatly. It has in some ways made for a frustrating summer. Tonight's meeting is very important in moving toward a possible solution. I am looking forward to it so that hopefully I might be able to move on to other important areas of my life such as friends, family and my job. We have started training and I am hopig to soon be able to start working on that task list.

0 comments: