I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

More from Texas!

I finally figured out how I might be able to get some pictures from my Texas trip up on the blog. The picture you see to the right here is a view of the Riverwalk from a bridge. As you can see, the view was very nice. The whole River Walk scene reminded me a lot of Venice is some ways, although the waterways were not so pervasive as they were in Venice.

For fear of having to do too much uploading, I will keep things at one picture. I will post more on Facebook when I make my way back to Oshkosh. As for Monday's travels, I had the opportunity to attend a minor league baseball game for the Round Rock Express. Unfortunately, the game did not turn out to be so good and we left after seven innings, with the score Express 2, River Cats 9. I noticed the price for concessions was about the same it is for Brewers games and their apparrel was equally overpriced...so much for getting the Round Rock baseball cap.

Dario has to run some errands in Austin so I got a nice tour of the city as well as the campus. I am hoping to get to see more of the campus today as Dario needs to go back to work. For today, there are plans to get some good barbeque, see a movie at a place called the Draftfhouse. You cann watch a movie while having a meal and even a beer! I think that is all for now.

0 comments: