I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Packer Pro Bowl Players

The NFL Pro Bowl teams were announced yesterday. Four Packers were named to the Pro Bowl:
  • Brett Favre (QB) - No doubt about this pick. He earned more fan votes than any other play in balloting, AFC or NFC.
  • Donald Driver (WR) - Favre's go-to guy. The pick makes sense to me. But, he's not the only Green Bay WR that should get a ticket to Hawaii.
  • Al Harris (CB) - I appreciate the fact that he is getting recognition for how good he is. But, he's not the best CB on the team.
  • Aaron Kampman (DE) - He deserves it. I really questioned it when they re-signed him to a big contract. I guess I know why they did it. He's a beast.
It's strange to see a team with the same record (Dallas) get 11 Pro Bowl nominees, while we only ended up with four. I do think a few folks were snubbed, but it makes sense. Out offensive line didn't play exceptionally well and we had running back by committee, with Ryan Grant stepping up too late to get votes. Favre does a pretty good job of distributing passes to his WRs...no one had a huge season. Our defense plays great as a unit and does not necessarily have a lot of standouts.

Here are the folks that probably could have gone, but did not:
  • Greg Jennings (WR) - Has almost 900 yards and 12 TDs. Those are impressive stats. I am surprised he didn't go instead of Driver.
  • Darren Woodson (CB) - He is an amazing all-around CB. I would argue he is better than Harris and deserved to go in his place. Heck, let them both go. They are the best CB tandem in the NFL!
  • Nick Barnett (LB) - Lots of tackles and a consistent defensive player.
It's over now. Let's focus on the last two games of the regular season and the playoffs. All that matters is the wins.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Jim-- good call on Greg Jennings. I didn't realize he had so many touchdowns, and my guess is, neither did the people who vote on this sorta stuff :P

Meanwhile, I really wish the Bucks would trade Mike Redd or something, just to make them seem interesting for a week or so. They could swap him to Toronto for TJ Ford and move Mo Williams to the '2'. Am I right or what???

Jason said...

PS -- HASSELBECK ROCKS!!!!

Jim Droste said...

Was that a post from "Hasselbeckfan4life"?

I agree with you. The Bucks look stale. They need some life...I thought this was the year they'd be interesting.