I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Fun Time

I saw a friend do this on Facebook. It is posted here and on Facebook. Feel free to to post a comment if you can name the song and an artist(s).

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing -- looking the lyrics up on a search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own.

1. No one knows what it's like to be the bad man.
2. Someone's knockin' at the door, someone's ringin' a bell.
3. Very superstitious, writing's on the wall.
4. Please allow me to introduce myself; I'm a man of wealth and taste.
5. The place where nobody dared to go, the love that we came to know.
6. I don't mind stealin' bread from the mouths of decadence.
7. The sun shines, people forget.
8. No I can't forget this feeling or your face as you were leaving, but I guess that's just the way the story goes.
9. In the town where I was born lived a man who sailed the sea.
10. Don't go changin', tryin' to please me, you never let me down before.
11. I know when to go out. I know when to stay in. Get things done.
12. Never know how much I love you; never know how much I care.
13. Seems I got to have a change of scene, every night I have the strangest dream.
14. It's very far away, it takes about a half and a day to get there if we travel by dragonfly.
15. When you were young and your heart was an open book you used to say live and let live.
16. I hear the train a'comin', it's rolin' 'round the bend and I ain't seen the sun shine I don't know when.
17. Risin' up, back on the street, did my time, took my chances.
18. Darlin' you've got to let me know.
19. It's been such a long time, I think I should be goin'.
20. There once was a musical troupe, a pickin', singin' folk group.
21. I have a mansion forget the price; ain't never been there they tell me it's nice.
22. Happy, and I'm smilin', walk a mile to drink your water.
23. Really don't mind if you sit this one out.
24. They say we're young and we don't know, won't find out until we grow.
25. I lived alone, my mind was blank; I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim-

I love a good challenge...

9. Yellow Submarine By: The Beatles
15. Live and Let Die By: Paul McCartney and Wings, or Guns N Roses (as if a Bond fan wouldn't get that one....)
17. Eye of the Tiger By: Survivor
16. Folsum Prison Blues By: Johnny Cash

Not bad for an old guy huh?

Hal and Anna said...

Others sound familiar, but this is what I could do without cheating.

3. Superstitious by Stevie Wonder
9. Yellow Submarine by the Beatles
15. Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney (Wings)
16. Folsom Prison by The Man in Black
17. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
24. I Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher