I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

XBox 360 Gaming Update

Over the last few weeks, I have had the chance to rent a few games and catch up on some of the recently released titles. Here are my brief thoughts on the ones I've been able to get my hands on:
  1. Army of Two - Dumb...the "aggro" concept is difficult for me to master. Draw attention to you so that your partner and do other stuff. I got frustrated by the second level. A little to out there for me. I would not recommend it.
  2. Call of Duty: World at War - I am glad that I only rented it. I thought the single player campaign was pretty cool and visually stunning. It seemed like a best of CoD 3 & 4. There was not a whole lot of new content there. I thought the achievements were skewed a little to the hard end, with each board being completed on the hardest level netting 30 GP. The multi-player options look good, but there are no achievements associated with them. Overall, go for me for five days.
  3. Left 4 Dead - So far, I like this game. Simple mechanics and mass carnage. Playing this with three other folks on-line is priceless!

0 comments: