I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part

In what was really a formality in my ministry candidacy process, I received the endorsement of my home congregation to continue being a ministry candidate. The vote was unanimous and did not involve much discussion. I was touched that the pastor leading our Charge Conference (annual meeting) said that he would highly recommend me :). Granted, he is the pastor that leads my bible study class.

One member of our church said that we should vote no so that Christa and I could stay as members of the church. That was also very moving for both of us. Having E-mailed Gordon (the District Superintendent) with my placement preferences, I now play the waiting game.

I go before the District Board of Ordained Ministry in April to have my candidacy (hopefully) renewed. Let's hope by then there is also a church placement in my future.

Other News:
  1. I did make the playoffs for fantasy football. I am the seventh seed. I play the second seed, and I think I match up well. First round upset anyone?
  2. I trying out the weightlifting thing again. I am tired of running every day. We'll see how that goes.

0 comments: