I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, December 05, 2008

Kindness

Redeeming some credit card points, Christa and I received a $25 gift card to Chili's. We are big fans of Chili's so we decided to use the card last night. Christa got back late from rehearsal and I was going to hang out with someone later, so we wanted to get up to Appleton quick.

We got there, ordered our food. I wanted to see how much cash I had in case our bill went over $25. It was then that I noticed that I did not bring my wallet with me. I flagged down the waitress and let he know to hold our order until we could figure what we could order that would stay under that dollar amount.

The manager happened to stop by when he saw our worried and faces and asked us what was wrong. We explained our situation. He said that because we were so upfront about what happened, that he would comp the cost of the meal to fit within our $25 budget. That was wonderful! We felt bad about the situation, but we really appreciated what they did.

It took a awkward situation and made it much better. It also secured our business with Chili's! :) We plan on sending a letter to their restaurant and to the corporate headquarters letting them know our appreciation.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is hope in the world.