I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Greetings from Texas!

I am writing to you from Austin, Texas! I arrived safelt yesterday and have enjoyed and good nights rest to begin my first day in the "Lone Star State". When I landed in San Antonio, there was some initial problems with my bag. They did not have my bag when I got off the plane and they were not sure where it was. I had to full out a luggage tag and everything...luckily, after 10-15 minutes it arrived and I had clothes to wear.

Since we were in San Antonio, I figured we could do some of the San Antonio stuff. I had the opportunity to walk on the Riverwalk and also got a picture of the Alamo. I will post some of these pictures later in the week when I get back or have access to a Windows friendly computer (I am using a MAC right now).

Some quick reflections of the journey from Milwaukee to San Antonio:
  • Airports provide great opportunities for people watching; I was amazed as to what I saw in the Chicago O'Hare airport.
  • I started a new book called "White Guilt" by Shelby Steele, I happened to be sitting next to a black woman while I was reading the book. I actually wondered how she would feel if she happened to see what the book was about. I actually hid the cover to avoid a conversation/confrontation. How sad for me that I didn't feel comfortable.
  • Our flight from Milwaukee to Chicago was 17 minutes...seventeen minutes. I have never been on a flight so short.

0 comments: