I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Career Opportunities - Introduction

I am currently sitting in my office, that while not complete, has received all the updates it will getting until Spring Break. I can finally begin to put stuff back in its place and start to get things together for the spring semester. As I put all of these pictures and materials away, it definitely brings back a lot of memories.

Ever since I started college back in 1995, it was difficult for me to feel settled. The end of each semester meant a move home...summers meant going home or maybe staying up in Oshkosh. One year I moved to an off-campus apartment; then I moved to graduate school. In between my two years of graduate school I did an internship in Massachusetts. It wasn't really until the age of 26 that I genuinely felt stable in terms of where I was living. When I took the job at Oshkosh, I was able to settle into an apartment that I have been living in for 2 and a half years. I am doing a job that I love and I have roots in the community...it is a great feeling.

When I took the job, I made a promise to myself that I would stay for at least five years. Based on my engagement and other personal concerns, it is more likely that I will be here six years. While I have appreciated the security of this position, I know in my heart that I won't a residence hall director for forever. So, I have given some thought about what I want to do after my time as a residence hall director. Stay tuned for this three-part series. :)

0 comments: