I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Possessions

I went for a run today (2 in a row...woot!) and I have been using my IPod for the runs. I found it to be very helpful and very motivational. I did have a scare today; my IPod got so cold that it shut down on me...the last half mile of the run was a little scary, as I thought my $300 IPod was no more.

The IPod warmed up and started functioning, but it got me thinking. As I have read from So, You Want to Be Like Christ?, we put a lot of emphasis on material possessions. As the relief came over me that my IPod worked, I wondered what would really happen if my IPod didn't work. While I would be out $300, life would go on and I would be able to live a purposeful life without it. Possessions are not what defines, it is our character and what we do that define us.

Cliche, yes, but very important...especially for me.

0 comments: