I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

IPod

Yahoo! In what I must consider to one of the best personal purchases I have made in some time, I finally gave in and purchased an IPod. In talking with some of my RHD colleagues, I found out that during the holiday season, over 300 million IPods were sold. 300 million! Obviously, this IPod thing is catching on.

At first, I was scared by the price tag of the IPod and I wasn't sure if it was worth the investment. Now that I have purchased one and uploaded almost 16 gigabytes of CDs onto it, it has been a wonderful addition to my day-to-day work. I can now listen to the IPod while I am at work, I can listen to it while I am exercising, while I am walking around campus or while I am in the car (and not driving).

I actually feel like a college student as I walk around campus. There is a level of disengagement (is this a word?) that I feel when I have the IPod on. I am not completely sure if that is always a good thing, but I'll take it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can add disengage to your gigantic vocabulary list! :) I'm glad you like your ipod!