I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Surrender

I am sitting here in the Breese Hall RHD office as my staff completes check-outs for the end of interim. As is always the case with closings, it is eerily quiet in the building.

I have almost completed reading a book entitled, "So, You Want to Be Like Christ?" I realize there are a whole bunch of self-help books out there, and a lot of them are like old wine in new bottles...nothing we don't know already. But, honestly, this book is different. This may sound strange, but while obviously a Christian-centered book, the messages gleened from it transcend religious discussion to simply ways to live life.

I found the chapter on letting go to be the most profound for me. Of all the habits that I would like to get rid of, my constant need to worry about everything can be troublesome. I have made progress in curbing this during my undergraduate school and graduate school journey, but the progress must continue. The ability to surrender the worry and realize that things will be completed and will work OK can be based on religious principles, but all people of all spiritual orientations can take heed.

That is all. The building is officially checked :).

0 comments: