I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

How Important Is It?

Over the last several months, I have been meeting with a financial planner so that I can put my finances in order for the future and for retirement. This has me thinking about money...not necessarily hoarding money, but thinking about my future and making sure that my family and I are secure throughout our lives.

In the car and even on television the last few days, I have seen a variety of commercials boasting jobs where you can stay at home and makes thousands of dollars a month. They say "You don't have a boss" or "You can set you own hours". All you need to do is sell items through E-Bay or sell proper using the Internet.

First of all, who knows how legitimate these businesses are. That's one issue. I think was really bothers me is how they use the lure of lots of money in little time as the reward. Unfortunately, that hook alone probably attracts a lot of folks to the opportunity. But how fulfilling can that work be? What satisfaction does it bring you? In the end, what is your purpose in life...to make money or to make a contribution?

0 comments: