I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Mazes and Monsters

While at the ACPA Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana I had the opportunity to do some shopping in a Sam Goody store that was going out of business. In my many purchases, I managed to find a $5.00 copy of the movie Mazes and Monsters. I had heard many rumors that this was the movie from the 1980s that started a lot of the scare about Dungeons and Dragons.

I sat down to watch the movie this last Saturday with Peter and and two other folks that I know play Dungeons and Dragons. I don't even know where to begin...this movie was awful. Luckily, the running commentary from the four of us made this movie bearable.

Sadly, the people that wrote the movie do not even understand the basic rules of Dungeons and Dragons...but this does not surprise me. The redeeming part of the movie is hearing a very young Tom Hanks say, "There's blood on the knife!"

0 comments: