I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Visitors

The last few days have been wonderful because I have had the chance to catch up with many, many folks because of the Oshkosh Placement Exchange and various spring breaks. While nice to see so many faces, it is also frustrating because you only get to see them for a brief amount of time...they either need to head to their next interview or the next stop on their tour. Regardless, it has been energizing to see former residents, co-workers, professors, cohort members and friends throughout the last week.

Having now been at Oshkosh as a RHD for almost three years, I am amazed at the amount of students that I see that have graduated from UW Oshkosh who are pursuing jobs or graduate degrees in student affairs.

* * * * * * * * * * *

I did not watch the Oscars, nor did I really care. I don't put a lot of stock in the Academy Awards anymore. If Shakespeare in Love & Forrest Gump can win best picture, than I struggled with the choices that they make.

0 comments: