I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ann Coulter's New Book

One of the two books that I bought for my birthday was Ann Coulter's new book: If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans. If you check the amazon.com link I provided, you will notice that the vast majority of the reviews are either 1 star or 5 stars. She is definitely a polarizing figure. I find her format for the book to be a little disappointing. After a brief topic introduction, she simply provides quotes from previous books and columns for those topics. Seems kinda cheap and easy for such a gifted writer.

Coulter doesn't seem to pull any punches in this book, although she hasn't pulled punches her entire career. She has offended others and honestly there are times when she offends me as well. I do find, however, underneath the sarcasm and periodic offensiveness, she makes some good points. As someone who considers himself conservative, she and I are on the same page on some stuff.

It will be an entertaining read to say the least.

0 comments: