I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Free Speech

"It is now common for campuses to set aside specifically designated areas known as "free-speech zones," which used to comprise a somewhat larger zone known as "the United States of America." (from Ann Coulter's book, references yesterday)

I love this quote...quite true. I am saddened by the kid gloves that we treat many issues with these days. Political correctness has destroyed one of the fundamental purposes of the college environment: open discussion on tough issues. We go to college to learn and to be challenged, from all sides and viewpoints...even those that may be uncomfortable or frustrating.

I would appreciate a collegiate environment where I could openly express conservative viewpoints and not be viewed as over-religious, bigoted, old-fashioned or non-compassionate. I think the liberals of the world can feel pretty safe expressing their views. I suppose that's why they created the free speech zone for us. *sigh*

0 comments: