I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Softball Season #3

On April 28, 2008 I begin my third season of spring/summer softball. I will be a member of the Strikeforce United team led by fellow RHD Thomas. That league is run through the YMCA. Christa and I will both be a part of a softball league in Neenah. I don't know a lot of the details, but what I do know is that you can drink in this league...not sure how I feel about that.

I feel as though each year I get a little bit better at this softball thing. My first year was a disaster. I surprised myself with my hitting ability, but I couldn't throw to save my life. Honestly...it was bad. There was maybe a 30% chance you could catch something that I threw to you without having to move. As the summer went on things got better, but it didn't help that we also weren't very good ;).

My second year, I joined the Strikeforce team and did me best to improve my throwing and fielding skills. I felt that by the end of the season I wasn't as much of a fielding liability as I was before.

Now, with the weight training (and additional practice) I can get even better. I'd like to sneak up in the batting rotation a little bit and would like to "graduate" from a position other than right field. We shall see.

I am hoping to bring back the box score of my performances...now in both leagues. We'll see.

0 comments: