I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Another Weekend on the Road

This Saturday Christa and I will be making our way down to the Milwaukee area. In the morning, Christa will be making a presentation at a Science Olympiad Conference in which she will be explaining the rules for the robotics competition. She has about an hour to present and she will be presenting at the Milwaukee School of Engineering.

After that, we will be making our way to Mequon, WI. We will going with my parents to a 25 Year Reunion of Shully's Catering. Back in middle school and high school, I worked for Shully's serving food and doing clean-up. When I was in college I came back and worked a couple summers in the kitchen. I have great memories of that job and met some great people. Scott and Beth Shully are wonderful people and were wonderful to work for. They are also our next door neighbors in Mequon.

On Sunday, I'll be running the soundboard for our church service. After that, Webster will be hosting the 3rd Annual Webster Taco Fiesta (WTF) in the basement starting at 11:30 AM. We will have tacos and hopefully watch the Packers beat the Vikings. That afternoon, I will be leading the vesper service at the Evergreen Retirement Community.

In between all of that craziness, I am hoping to have the chance to play some Fable 2. It is look amazing.

3 comments:

catering mequon said...

I love it when you find different catering places that have been around forever and have just amazing food. I always ask the locals where the best places are to go and usually they are right!

Good luck getting in some time in for Fable 2, I kind of didnt get into that game much, but Fable 3 looks pretty interesting. It is set to come out either later this year or early next year.

RHurst said...

Great post! Sounds like a fun weekend. I am actually throwing my parents an anniversary party and was thinking about going with Shully's catering. They do have great food!

Brett Rodgers said...

Thanks a lot for this blog, you are a very talented writer. I have been searching online for awhile now for some good catering companies. Thanks for your input and support.