I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Who's in Charge?

If I have learned anything over the last few days, I have learned that I am not in charge. I have learned this lesson continually throughout my life, but only until the last few months have I been learning to let go and let God. I have become better about realizing who is in charge.

I have found that there is no point is sweating things that I can't control. Obama won the presidency. I may not like it. But it's the presidency. One person does not change the world...no matter what he or others think. He may make it a little better or worse, but the world will keep going. I have uncertainties in our financial planning, but they all work out. I get stressed, do some research, and realize we are fine.

In 1 Chronicles 28:20 it is written, "Then David said to Solomon his son, 'Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the LORD God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished.'"

I continually have to remind myself of who is in charge and where the glory goes. This is not an excuse to sit back and enjoy the ride. It's knowing that while we're on the ride, let's not loose sight of what's most important in our lives. God.

0 comments: