I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Odd Jobs

As I finish my final year as a Residence Hall Director, I have a pretty good sense of how the year will unfold from here. I know generally what tasks and meetings lie ahead and don't expect all that many surprises. In some ways, this can be helpful because it relieves anxiety. But, I want to avoid complacency and I need to find other small tasks to keeps things fresh.

Over the last few weeks, it has been interesting to me to see small tasks and projects become a part of my job as an RHD. I have helped out in small ways with a few hall fundraisers. I am writing letters of recommendation. I am exploring forming a new student group. When you pool as of that with my normal day-to-day stuff, it keeps me busy. :)

It also keeps my mind away from the fact that before I know it I will be done as an RHD. :( Boo..

0 comments: