I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wireless Internet & ABUMC

Wireless Internet
The residence hall lounges at UW Oshkosh now have wireless internet routers. I'm not sure where the first floor one is located, but if I have the computer on the kitchen table, we can pick it up. It's like we have two offices. It will make job searching and sermon researching a lot easier because I won't have to jump between two computers. It also gives Christa and I each access to a computer with internet capabilities. :)

The Algoma Boulevard UMC Services
The services at ABUMC went very well! In preparation for my delivery, I practiced it a couple times in the weight room in our basement. It has a full-length mirror which made it easy for me to catch any bizarre movements that might have come up in the performance. It made a big difference, and Christa was able to confirm that.

As with our experience at Eureka, it was really neat to be with the congregation from the church. They were all very friendly, which as a guest, I suppose you would expect. What made the experience more rewarding were the comments that folks made. I spoke with one man who said that he appreciated a fresh perspective on a bible lesson and appreciated hearing a new voice in the church. Another individual said that he appreciated the fact that he was able to come away with something to work over the week. That was awesome! That is what I hope to do in every sermon :).

0 comments: