I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Our Time at Eureka

Christa and I had the opportunity to visit the United Methodist Church in Eureka yesterday. We weren't sure where the weather was going to fit in with this trip, but the trip there wasn't too bad. Utilizing Mapquest, I was unable to find a street address for the church so it took two runs through Eureka before Christa found the steeple that led us to the church :).

We got there around 9:30 for a 10:00 AM service. We walked in with a group in the middle of a Bible study. We were invited in and sat in on the last 15 minutes of their study. Everyone seemed very welcoming and we participated as we could.

The service was no different. They have quite a community there is Eureka. They shared a great deal during the service and while informal, it was definitely easy to see the Spirit at work in their congregation. I was excited to be a part of it.

Christa told me that of all the sermons she's heard me do so far, she liked this one the best. I would agree with her. I felt like this sermon had some good content, but was put together in a good flow.

Back in my sophomore year of high school, I received a choir "award" for being "Constantly in Motion." As anyone could tell you if you've seen me present, I like to move around a lot. I also use a lot of gestures. Sunday was no different. The sermon seemed to flow well, but man, was I being fidgety! Christa pointed it out and I had no idea. I will need to keep this in mind. I may not think I'm nervous, but my non-verbals may be pointing to something else :).

I now turn my energies to the three services I will be leading this Sunday.

0 comments: