I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

First Softball Game

We came up on the short end of this game. We lost 23-11. In comparison to last year, we at least managed to put some runs together. We are still plagued with way too many errors. Throws don't get to where they are supposed to, catches are dropped and we get too aggressive. If that doesn't improve, we'll be at the losing end a lot. As one person at the end of the game said, "If you take unearned runs away, this was a 1-0 game."

My final line was 1-3 with a walk and two RBIs. I totally botched the one ball that was popped to me, but did some decent fielding of the grounders that came my way. Given that it was the first game of the summer, I didn't practice throwing until 6:30 that night and I hadn't swung a bat since, it wasn't so bad (that was a long sentence...and probably is grammatically incorrect).

Stay tuned for weekly updates as the season unfolds on Mondays.

0 comments: