I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Softball Game #2 Report

This was a tough loss for Strikeforce United. We took a 7-4 lead into the seventh and final inning. Our hitting fell along the same lines as our previous game. We were able to string some hits together and produce some runs. Our fielding greatly improved and it allowed us to stay in the game. Sadly, in the seventh inning we gave up five runs and lost the lead.

The drama built in the bottom of the seventh inning as the bases were loaded with two outs. Our batter hit a ball that should have gone foul, but was played while it was still fair. Three opponents converged to "play" the ball, thus blocking the way of the runner. He was tagged out and interference was not called. It was a tough play to call, but it ended the game and we came up short.

Monday's game was a great learning experience for me. One of my teammates offered me some great advice about both fielding and hitting. As a result, I did better in both areas. I had two walks and scored a run in the effort. I am curious to see in this transfers over to the next game I play in.

0 comments: