I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Softball Begins

With last week's rain out, tonight is the first softball game of the season for BW3's Strikeforce. I am not sure how things will go this season. Above everything else, I appreciate the opportunity to get outdoors and run around in some nice weather; it's exercise. With each passing year, I get to know the folks on the team a little bit better, but most of the team members are people I don't really know or don't really hang out with at all. So it's not a social time for me.

I would also add that I am not much of a softball player. I never played organized baseball or softball, and up until a few years ago, I hadn't thrown a softball since high school. There has been a real learning curve. I throw somewhat better, but I have no patience at the plate and need to continue to improve in that area. I also know very little about strategy and often screw that up.

This year, we are in a league with five other teams. I am curious as to how good they are. Last year, we were competitive in a few games, but we often ended up losing. Perhaps this year's prospects will be better.

I thought I'd give it one more try. Look for an update tomorrow on how the game went.

0 comments: