I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, February 20, 2006

FUMC Youth Group

I am a member of First United Methodist Church in Oshkosh and along with another member of the congregation, we are starting a youth group (grades 7th - 12th) at the church. We had our second meeting last night, but it was the first night I was able to go. The first meeting was during the Super Bowl...I know, I know priorities.

It was actually a really good time! The kids were fun to hang out with, and along with prayer and bible study we were able to have playing pool, ping pong and foosball. We also played a game called "Bible Challenge". Sadly, being the adult for the group, it was assumed that my group could lean on me for answers. No such luck...it again re-emphasizes my need to become for familiar with the Good Book.

While I feel as though I am dangerously close to being overcommitted to the church, this is a fun and enjoyable way to help out. Afterward, Cara and I had a good one hour discussion about where our church is and where it can go. I am pretty motivated!

0 comments: