I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ski Trip

It has been a busy past few days, so I sorry for the delay in posting. But I am quick to jump back into the routine.

Yesterday, Christa and I went to Nordic Mountain in Mt. Morris, WI. I had not been skiing in 15 years, so I was pretty apprehensive about skiiing. Also, having broken my wrist a little more than a year ago, I was scared about what would happen if I fell. While initially thinking that I would not ski, I decided a few hours before I left that it would be more fun to actually ski then to sit around and watch.

It is hard to judge this facility against others as I don't have a good recollection of my experiences at Little Switzerland or Sunbust. What I can say is that Nordic Mountain has one of the most confusing and congested systems for check-in.

The line to begin the payment process, if it at all long, forces you to wait outside. The hallway itself is very thin and keep you pretty cramped. They only offer enough desk space for one person to pay at a time. If people have already paid they are allowed to go past the payment deskm, which while convenient for them, only generates more confusion. After you pay, you then go to a long desk where you can pick up your boots. They only offer one room for you to put your boots on and it only accomodates maybe 20-30 people. When large groups are going through it is very difficult to get yoru boots on. When done, you go and get your skis, which isn't too bad, but you also have to prove to the instructors that you know how to put your skis on. Then you get your polls...then you go ski.

It took us 45 minutes to go through the process so we could actually ski! Yikes. Anyway, a fun time was had by all.

0 comments: