I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Top Ten Movies

Oh well...I have been struggling to come up with topics to discuss. My apologies if it feels like my posts have been a little forced. I am trying to keep in the habit of posting once each day; I have done very well. Sometimes, the ideas are not there and I am trying to keep it going. Today, I would like to share what I would coinsider to be my ten favorite movies (I have created links to the Internet Movie Database to explain each of the movies):

Kung Fu
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
The Great Escape
Gladiator
The Godfather
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Sting
The Shawshank Redemption
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Let me know your thoughts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about "I'm gonna git you sucka"

or whatever it's called...

Is that what it's called?
Beck :)

Jim Droste said...

Well, if I could create sub-categories and say my top ten comedies, it would definitely be in the top ten, if not in the top five :).

Anonymous said...

What? "Crossroads" isn't in your top 10? It must have made #11, I guess.

Hee, hee...

Jim Droste said...

Yeah...so many cinema classics to fit in and only 10 slots.

Anonymous said...

Gladiator? I didn't know that you enjoyed that film that much. What do you enjoy about this film?

Jim Droste said...

An excellent question...more than anything, Gladiator has excellent re-watch potential. I can watch the film over and over and not get bored with it.

I love the soundtrack and love how well it augments the film.

There are many great lines in the film that are very quotable.

I also find the acting to be extraordinary!