I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Observation

There are times when I truly get frustrated with where our society places its emphasis. We are a society now that looks to make sure our children have high self-esteem and feel good about themselves. While that may seem noble, it means that kids have no concept of positive competition, looking out for themselves and challenging themselves to do better. While I don't agree with everything this guys says, Domenick Maglio has the right idea:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0895260441/sr=1-1/qid=1139255176/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-3862000-6828665?%5Fencoding=UTF8

A few conversations this week got my dander up about this issue. Ask me sometime whether I think college is a privilege or a right...

0 comments: