I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, February 20, 2006

I recently saw this message posted as part of an AOL profile. I will leave names and screen names out of the picture:

"It's really sad when people enjoy trying to hurt others...but there is peace in knowing that God gives better revenge than anyone could ever do. God is just. God is fair. God is good. :)"

As a Christian, I find this incredibly troubling. The last three sentences, I have no issue with..>I would agree that God is just, fair and good. But to talk about God exacting revenge on anyone seems to be a very unchristian statement to make. God is all-loving and all-caring and would surely not give out revenge that is considered better. When thinking about God giving out revenge, I would never be at peace...I would be deeply troubled.

I mostly commented on this because as a Christian is caused me to re-evaluate my faith and it strengthed it even more knowing that God loves all people regardless and knows that even with bad intents, they may be shown the way.


I would really appreciate people's thoughts on this.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your point on how it can be unchristian to wish hurtful things upon another human, but possibly it could be because they are trying to BE christian by not damning a person - leaving that to God. I suppose they need to realize then they aren't God either and need to not judge those people's "bad qualities."

Hope that helped.