I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Ok...so, I don't hate on Valentine's Day as much as some people might, but I will say that I struggle with the point. When I did not have a significant other, it was easy to be frustrated with the day...ignorance was bliss. In fact, I have not had too many relationships that occurred over the Valentine's Day period.

However, now being engaged, I do not feel much loyalty to Valentine's Day. Why designate one day to show love or affection for someone? Isn't that something you should be doing all the time? Couldn't you choose your own day to recognize this? Is it a conspiracy by Halmark? Who knows.

All I know is that I love Christa and will celebrate by simply wishing her a Happy Valentine's Day (whatever that means)...and perhaps with a card. :)

0 comments: