I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Bowling

Yesterday, I hung out with my little brother because Friday was a little busy with closing stuff. Christa had some coupons for free bowling at Oshkosh Lanes. We decided to play three games. So, I failed to remember that when Adam was in grade school, he was in a bowling league...yeah, he is really good. After a slow start, he beats me 155-139. In the next game I get 145, but gets a 160. In the last game I avoided a sweep and got a 154 to his 125. It was great to have such stiff comepetition because it drove up my level of concentration; I managed to get better with each game that I played.

Sadly, I don't bowl too often any more. I would say it comes out to around 3-4 times a year. When I was in graduate school, I would honestly bowl 3-4 times a week! At Western Illinois University, they have top-notch facilities for bowling. Their bowling team has won the NCAA national championship 3 out of the last 4 years. And, the bowling in the Union is really cheap, like $1.50 a game. I also had a good friend, Jenn Eral who also was really interested in bowling. So, I got to be really good...well, good for not taking lessons and doing anything the pros do. I could usually average around 130-140 by the 2nd year of graduate school.

I guess this entry is my way of saying that I would like to get into bowling again. I really do miss it. Perhaps I can sneak into a league or allocate the money to go bowling at least once a week. I really would like to take lessons, but that may not happen for awhile.

0 comments: