I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Softball Game #2 Statistics and Commentary

Our second of the season had the same result, but at least we were not defeated as badly. The final score was 24-2. I moved from roving outfielder to first base...a good move. I felt much more comfortable there. Here is the season statistical breakdown:

Batting
AB R H RBI BB SO LOB OBP AVG
Droste 3 2 1 0 1 0 2 .500 .333

In last night's game, I drew a walk my first time up to bat. In my second time at bat, I made good connection with the ball but they got the runner out at second base.

It was obvious that we had some improvement between last week and this week. Our fielding still leaves a little to be desires, but what is a little more frustrating is our lack of effective hitting. If we are going to go anywhere, we need to generate some hits in a row.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to play in next week's game. I will be in California for the NACURH 2006 conference. The more I play, the more I am beginning to enjoy softball. I have really appreciated Christa's willingness (and great patience :) ) in helping me with my throwing and catching. I have noticed steady improvement in my abilities and I am looking forward to continuing to get better. Stay tuned for further game statistics.

1 comments:

Christa J. Droste said...

Anytime. I've always enjoyed playing catch with you! :)

Have a good time in CA!