I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Softball Game Statistics and Commentary

Last night, I participated in my first game as a member of the Kelly's IV (see schedule) softball team. My line from last night:

Batting
AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Droste 2 1 1 0 0 0 1 .500

Fielding
E:
Droste (2, fielding)

You wouldn't see in the stat column that I also had a nice grab in the first inning. I managed to catch a ball on the run. I also caught a nice pop fly in the third inning as well. I will do my best to keep running stats for the entire season.

Commentary
Overall, I felt really good about the game. I was most excited about the solid connection that I made both times at the plate. I had a solid single to start with (I even got some batting advice from the opponent's second basemen would told to me to take a base on an error :)...) and the sceond time at bast I hit a ball that was caught by someone who needed to slide to get to it.

Fielding went OK...I had a few errors, but in my defense it was a little slippery. The biggest concern was throwing. Christa was nice enough to help me with throwing and catching the afternoon before the game. For some reason, right before the game I lost all ability to throw the ball. I felt sorry for John Cavey...the ball was all over the place. Then my teammates tried to help me and that only made it worse. So, Christa will continue working with me to get that better.

We did lose 32-3 which was brutal. We need some help with fielding. Hopefullly some practice will help in this area.

0 comments: