I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Closing and Other News

The weather continues to be cold and rainy, not the combination you would like to see on the day when students move out of the residence halls. So far, it hasn't seemed to curtail them; I see parents and students gathering their things and making the journey home. This Express Check-Out system that we run is nice for the students, but it makes it more difficult to get the chance to say goodbye to your residents. I get their key packet and then we know that they are gone. Luckily a few residents have taken the chance to give a firm handshake or (thanks Tom) and groundlifting hug :).

Last night, I finally had the chance to return to the "Pride of the Valley" chorus in Appleton. This barbership group is really good. This was the first time where I was finally able to stay for the whole rehearsal. They are competing in a regional competition with other courses in the general northeastern Wisconsin area. They only have a few more rehearsals left and I am sure they will do well. It is my intention to join after the competition so that I can commit for the summer and make it a habit in the fall.

That is all, when next you hear from me, my hall will be at about 30% capacity.

0 comments: