I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Christa


In about a year, I am getting married to Christa Trushinsky (seen to the right here). The prospect of marriage in some ways is a scary thought for me because I did not actually think I would ever get married. I had been in so many relationships (a few pretty serious) and when they ended my hopes of ever getting married got less and less. As I got older, I often felt like I would force my hand when I would start dating someone, as if I would already size up the person I was dating to wonder if I would marry the person. I lost my ability to simply let time tell and see what might happen over time. Luckily, I did not do this for my relationship with Christa. When we started dating, the thought of marriage didn't really enter my mind. I was just glad to hang out with someone who had common interests, was cute :), had a good sense of humor and was really smart (really, really smart)...and she has read hair which is always cool.

Needless to say, one afternoon we were hanging out in my apartment and I looked at here and said, "have you thought about getting engaged?" Well, the ring shopping began and I actually though about marriage but it wasn't forced and it was totally natural. And here we are...Jim is actually getting married; and I am getting married to my best friend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy couples always make me smile. Thank you for sharing your story of falling for Christa. I chuckled when I remembered that I was around when you two started dating, and I knew both of you before you got together. Two kinder, more intelligent people have not entered my life, and it seems natural that you would find each other.

When I was younger I also thought I would stay single forever and live alone, but I am also fortunate enough to have my best friend as a partner and look forward to many more years in such a stable, happy relationship.

Good luck with wedding plans. If you or Christa ever wish to commiserate with someone about wedding planning and the accompanying headaches, feel free to call us up. Our timeline will probably be similar to yours. :)